Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sculpture Club

So yesterday evening, after class, we had a meeting were we talked about starting a sculpture club. James, Chris and I were there as well as, Grace, Dusty, Eric, Ronna, MJ, Bryan, Katie, Gary, Lindsey, Megan, and... well I am sure I am forgetting someone, sorry. It was a great talk and it seems there is some real interest. When I was a student at UGA I had a great experience with the Georgia Sculptors Society, our school club at the time. We had a bunch of shows together had fun meetings and were able to help support travel to conferences and events.

Of Course any club is only as good as its members, but I think now there are motivated students who are willing to do the work to get this going. Another reason to have the club is because we would have our own bank account and the money we make at ceramic sales and such, will no longer get turned into the office, where it is deposited in the netherworld of the USM financial system, it would actually go back to the club for it's own use.

I really hope this will work out! I will be happy to start off as the faculty advisor and help get things going. Let's see though what the students come up with as far as building support for this. Only they can run it and keep it going!

If you are interested in getting involved, the club is open to all students and even non-students, just let me know- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment